Home | Webchat | Rules | Modes and Extbans | Services | Servers
Spigot IRC Ruleset
Draft rev 2014-10-04
The following ruleset is a draft outline of the rules for the SpigotMC IRC network. Whilst these rules may be completely disparate from the final versions, at this point in time they will be enforced as is. irc.spi.gt is a privately owned network, and as such any and all additional enforcement is entirely up to the network staff's discretion.
- Do not attempt to gain unauthorized access to channels.
- Do not impersonate other users or organizations.
- Do not spam (flood) or otherwise harass any channels or users.
- By default, only 5 connections are allowed per address. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis upon request in #staff.
- Any attempt to create a disturbance across multiple channels may result in removal from the network at the discretion of the staff.
Channels and Users
- Channels are monitored solely by the channel operators and owners. There should rarely be a need for network staff to intervene in a channel related issue.
- At this point in time we will be attempting to police on-topic channel registration in line with the freenode policy.
- Do not create/register a channel or group/register a nickname for the sole purpose of preventing another user from having it (squatting/juping). The channel or name in question may be dropped from your control.
- Network staff may intervene in any situation where a channel or its name could be interpreted as malicious, inappropriate, misleading, or otherwise harmful to the network or its users (at the staff's discretion) regardless of the channel's namespace.
- Continuously evading a channel ban may result in network staff intervening.
- Network staff may require that a channel be set to private (+p) or secret (+s) if they feel that it should be hidden from the public channel listing for any reason.
- Bots should be set to user mode +B to designate them as a bot to the network.
- Bots should be set to Voice (+v) in channels to prevent them from triggering anti flood services.
- Channel management bots should be set to half-op (+h) or higher and should be monitored by channel staff to prevent abuse.
- Bots should be monitored at all times by channel staff. If they are not being actively monitored, they should be muted and have their channel powers revoked temporarily to prevent abuse.
- While bridge bots are encouraged, they should not create a new connection to the spi.gt network for each user on the other end of the bridge.
- Bots should not be created or used on this network as a means to create harm or perform other malicious activities to the spi.gt community or any other community or organization.
- If you have questions regarding whether or not a bot would be considered acceptable on the network, please stop by #staff to check with us.
- Services are meant to help improve the life of the network. Do not abuse or spam them.
- Do not attempt to brute force another user's NickServ credentials or gain unauthorized entry to a channel.
- If you have questions regarding appropriate usage of services or how to use various services commands, please stop by #help and we can assist.
- Botnets and malicious activities are strictly prohibited.
- If your activity is regarded as illegal in your country or in one of the countries the network servers reside in (JP, NL, UK, US), it should not be on this network.
- If you are running a bouncer service, it can help to let network staff know your IP address range to prevent block-wide network bans in case an issue arises.
- Network staff decisions are final and rules will be enforced as the network staff interpret them, leniency may be given either way at the discretion of the staff.
- If you have any general questions, please stop by #help to get them resolved. If you have questions regarding the rules stated here, please stop by #staff and we can clear up any concerns you may have, as the network staff interpretation may be different from your own.
Terms of Service
- The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
- You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
- All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
- We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
- You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
- If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.